A PROFESSIONAL, FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS REGISTRATION, REFERS TO ANY PERSON WHOSE EDUCATION AND TRAINING ALLOW FOR HIS JUDGMENT TO BE RELIED UPON AND POSSESSES A CERTIFICATION ISSUED BY A RECOGNISED PROFESSIONAL BODY OR ASSOCIATION AND IS CURRENTLY WORKING OR WISHING TO WORK IN NIGERIA.
Every professional seeking registration shall fill the Individual Professional registration form and print out the transaction code for bank payment or click Payment to Pay the sum of N17,000 or $110 only (non refundable registration application fee of N12,000 and renewable annual levy of N5,000 in accordance with Section 33(a) of the FRC Act, 2011).
- After you have completed this online registration Form and verified that all information submitted are correct, please click on the “Submit” button. (You can click the “Reset” button if you wish to start all over again)
- You shall be prompted to print a copy of the form. Please ensure you do this.
- A transaction code shall be generated for you by the computer which shall be required at the Bank for payment. Please ensure you write down this code.
- Proceed to any of the listed Banks with your transaction code to effect payment.
- Kindly proceed with a printed copy of your Form, attaching photocopies of all relevant documents, together with evidence of payment at the Bank to the “Registration of Professionals Unit” of the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) for submission.
- You can also submit at any of the Corporate Affairs Commission offices (FRC Liaison Room) at the following locations: Abuja, Benin, Enugu, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos and Port Harcourt
- The FRC shall commence your registration and contact you thereafter.
List of Professional Bodies
Given below are the sites of some important professional bodies for easy reference to help you decide your registration with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. Please note that this list is not exhaustive. If your professional career is not listed and or does not have an ENABLING ACT, please indicate as others or contact FRC for guidance.
|1||Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria||CAP 111, LFN 2004||www.icanig.org|
|2||Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria||CAP C8, LFN 2004||www.cibnonline.org|
|3||Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria||CAP C10, LFN 2004||www.citn.org|
|4||Nigeria Institute of Estate Surveyors & Valuers||Estate Surveyors and Valuers (Registration, act)” Decree No. 24 of 1975||www.niesv.org|
|5||Association of National Accountants of Nigeria||CAP. A26 L.F.N, 2004||http://www.anan.org.ng|
|6||Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria||No.25.22nd July, 2003||www.thenimn.org|
|7||Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria||CAPS C11, LFN, 2004||www.ciinigeria.com|
|8||Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria||CAP I15 L.F.N. 2004||www.cipmnigeria.org|
|9||Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers||CAPS C9, LFN, 2004||www.cisnigeria.com|
|10||Nigeria Bar Association||CAPS 207, LFN 1990||www.nigeriabar.com|
|11||Nigerian Institute of Management||ACTS 149 LFN 2003||www.managementnigeria.org|
|12||Nigeria Institute of Quantity Surveyors||CAP. Q1 L.F.N. 2004||www.niqs.org.ng|
|13||Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research||CAPS N115, LFN 2004||www.niser.org|
|14||Nigerian Institute of Town Planners||CAP. T7 L.F.N. 2004||www.nitp-ng.org|
|15||Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria||CAP. A 7 L.F.N. 2004||www.apcon.gov.ng|
|16||Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR)||CAPS N114, LFN, 2004||http://www.nipr.ng.org|
|17||Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria||CAPS 17, LFN, 2004||http:/www.pcn.gov.ng||PCP is registered under section21 of the 1922 Companies Act.|
|18||Chartered Institute of Administration||CAPS C7, LFN, 2004|
|19||National Teachers’ Institute||CAPS N79, LFN, 2004|
|20||The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria||CAP113, LFN, 2004|
|21||Council of the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)||Engineers (Registration, etc) Act, CAP E11 of 2004||http://www.coren.gov.ng|
|22||Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria||CAP 116, LFN, 2004||http:/www.ipanng.org|
|23||Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria||Institute of Safety Professional of Nigeria Act 2 of 2014||http://www.isponnigeria.org|
|24||Medical & Dental Council of Nigeria||CAP MB LFN. 2004||http://www.mdcnigeria.org||The professional body that regulates Nigerian Medical Doctors and Dentist|
|25||The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria||Act 21 of 2007||http://www.cipsmn.com|
|26||Nigerian Institute of Surveyors||CAP. S18 L.F.N. 2004||http://www.nis.org.ng|
|27||Institute of Directors of Nigeria||www.iodnigeria.com|