FRC COMMENCES REGISTRATION OF PROFESSIONALS IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTIONS 41 AND 42 (1) OF THE FRC ACT, 2011 FROM DECEMBER, 2011
Section 41 and Section 42 (1) of the FRC Act, 2011 state as follows:
41. (1) The Council shall maintain a register of professionals.
(2) A person shall not hold any appointment or offer any service for remuneration as a professional for public interest entities, unless he is registered under this Act.
(3) A person who wishes to be registered shall make a written application to the Council in a prescribed form.
(4) An application made under sub-section (2) of this section shall be accompanied by such fees and such information as the Council may from time to time determine.
(5) Where the Council is satisfied that the applicant holds a practicing certificate, the Council shall enter the name of the registered professional and such particulars as it considers relevant, in the Register of Professionals.
(6) A person who contravenes sub-section (2) of this section commits an offence and is liable on conviction, to a fine not exceeding N500,000.00 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or both.
42. (1) Every registration made under section 41 shall be valid for a period of 2 years.
A PROFESSIONAL, FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS REGISTRATION, REFERS TO ANY PERSON WHOSE EDUCATION AND TRAINING ALLOW FOR HIS JUDGMENT TO BE RELIED UPON AND POSSESSES A CERTIFICATION ISSUED BY A RECOGNISED PROFESSIONAL BODY OR ASSOCIATION IN NIGERIA.
Every professional seeking registration shall accompany the registration form with a non refundable registration application fee of N12,000 (Twelve thousand Naira) only, or $75, for cost of processing and reviewing such application besides the renewable annual dues of N5,000 (Five thousand Naira) only, or $35, (in accordance with Section 33(a) of the FRC Act, 2011).
If you wish to register now, GO TO REGISTRATION ON THE TOP MENU